[ale] OT: Does anyone here use AT&T naked DSL ?

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Aug 15 13:14:44 EDT 2007

Ken Alexander wrote:
> Why doesn't she use comcast ? The cost is basically the same, as I pay
> about $60 after taxes, and a basic phone line + DSL after taxes is
> almost as much. I made the change, and was sooo glad I did. I no longer
> have a phone that rings 10 times a day even though noone has the number.
> The speeds are uch better. And in my case, I ended up with standard
> cable at the cost of basic.
>
> -KA

Like I said, at the time I thought DSL was about to become much cheaper.
Why pay activation and equipment charges for one company, then switch to
another and pay them again? Now that naked DSL (ie SAFA) is available,
maybe this will work about anyhow.

I'm curious how you got standard cable + internet for $60 though. My
understanding is that Comcast's cheapest internet package is $60 without
cable and $42 with it, standard cable is $50, and basic cable is cheap
but pointless since you can get the content free over the air.

-Brian