[ale] Zap2it replacement

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Fri Aug 10 16:26:01 EDT 2007

On Friday 10 August 2007 04:13:13 pm Jeff Lightner wrote:
> And while I'm on that rant - is it only me that gets blasted out of the
> house when commercials come on? ?Do these people really think we don't
> use our mute buttons rather than adjust the volume on commercials to a
> decibel level below that of a shuttle launch? ?Can't they figure out
> that turning off the sound is as bad as turning off the picture for most

DVR is a good thing. We never EVER watch live TV anymore. We record it all,
then sit down after dinner for 1-2 hours and watch our shows, and I
fast-forward over the commercials. I even skip the  reviews on blockbuster
DVDs and go straight to the main menu. I can't believe they actually expect
me to sit and watch previews that they selected!!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800