[ale] Zap2it replacement

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Aug 10 16:13:13 EDT 2007

What about advertising?  "subscription services" - ever notice that even
though you pay for cable the cable channels still have advertising?
That wouldn't bother me so much except the cable company makes the
channel pay to be included in their lineup - seems like they're getting
it on both ends.

It would be a lot like having to pay Google to do searches and still
getting the paid placement results.  IMO you shouldn't be allowed to
make both the input and the output revenue streams.   Some of the cable
channels are completely unwatchable due to the number of ads they have
and worse yet the fact that it is the same ads repeated ad nauseum.  At
least with Google we'd have the option of ditching them for another
search engine.

And while I'm on that rant - is it only me that gets blasted out of the
house when commercials come on?  Do these people really think we don't
use our mute buttons rather than adjust the volume on commercials to a
decibel level below that of a shuttle launch?  Can't they figure out
that turning off the sound is as bad as turning off the picture for most