[ale] OT: newsflash: Microsoft is still the devil...open source beware

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:07:48 EDT 2007

I think Jonathan makes a valid point about the M$ bashing; I mean, did you
read the Groklaw article? The person comes off sounding very immature,
although his points may be valid. He uses the word "stoopid", nuff said. In
sites that are focused on things like legal issues, this doesn't help the
authors case out a bit. I've met people like this, where you know they're
right but you don't want to give them the smug satisfaction of agreeing with
them. Either way, I think it reflects poorly on the F/OSS community. I'm not
too concerned with M$ trying to kill something that can't die and I think M$
is really shooting themselves in the foot by actively working to reduce the
functionality of their product.