[ale] Suse vs. Ubuntu. Is is worth the time to switch to ubuntu?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Aug 1 07:48:42 EDT 2007

Chuck Huber wrote:

You can download a single CD (just like SuSE) and install ubuntu in
about 1/3 the time it takes to install SuSE.  Unlike SuSE you don't have
to find a system and directory to get the files from.  Last time I
installed SuSE I had to find a host and then figure out what the
directory path was, but maybe they've changed that.

I suggest you take a spare machine and put Ubuntu on it just to see for
yourself how easy it is.  It's extremely intuitive.

Jim.