[ale] Bluetooth mouse on SUSE10.1

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Fri Sep 29 14:35:20 EDT 2006

I've been quietly being smug about the fact that people seem to have to work through getting things configured on Ubuntu that just works on my preferred distro (SUSE).

Now I have to ask for help on something.

I finally decided to try out Bluetooth mouse on my Sony Vaio SZ series, and I can't get it working.
Bluetooth seems to be running and I can find the mouse's Blutetooth ID listed  in the Bluetooth configuration tool.

I tried the trick of doing an ls -la /dev/input and got /dev/input/mice, /dev/input/mouse0 and /dev/input/mouse1.

When I cat each of these, I get trash on my console screen when I use the builtin touchpad with mouse1 and mice, but nothing on any of them when I use the Bluetooth mouse.

I see by doing a little searching that a few other people had their Bluetooth meeses  break when they upgraded to 10.1, but they have generally been fixed by using cat trick above to adjust the xorg.conf file.

I've never had a Bluetooth mouse on any previous versions, so I've never had it working to begin with.

It's a Logitech V270 mouse, by the way.

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group, Inc.