[ale] PC Case for a good home

Robert Story rstory-l at 2006.revelstone.com
Thu Sep 28 20:37:34 EDT 2006

On Thu, 28 Sep 2006 20:04:01 -0400 Jim wrote:
JP> Free to a good home.

If the previous claimant falls through, I'm interested.

JP> Also free, preferably to the same home, is a RocketRaid 1640 PCI card, a
JP> Linksys LNE100TX v4.1 ethernet card and a SIG dual-USB card.
JP>
JP> Note: I never could get the 1640 to work with Linux... but everything
JP> else does and that's what makes this on topic! :-)

I have a 1640 that worked w/no drivers on CentOS4.x and FC5. The linux drivers
are sloooow, but it works. The highpoint site also has their own drivers,
which I compiled once, which brought things closer to a reasonable speed, but
it used the scsi emulation system (drives showed up as /dev/sd?), and I didn't
keep up with it as kernel updates kept coming..