[ale] HOW2 install BellSloth DSL for Linux ?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 17:08:18 EDT 2006

Do you have an alarm system?  If yes -- expect that you will need a "home
run" DSL line. Alarm systems frequently disrupt DSL service. Home run lines
bypass the security system and run directly to a designated outlet.

An "Home run" line offers the advantage that you will receive your DSL
signal free from most household noise,  and also you will not need to place
filters the telephone's lines. The disadvantage is that you are anchored to
one outlet for your DSL. But hey, that's what routers are for.