[ale] Automatic moderation for ALE?

S C C scc4fun at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 11:02:20 EDT 2006

On 9/28/06, aaron <aaron at pd.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 September 2006 16:51, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> > Just enable inbound throttling per user on the ale.org MX.  2 posts per
> > hour should be a good start.
> >
> >    http://policyd.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > Seriously, does anybody thing that manual moderation, or automatic
> > message parsing, will work?
>
> heh-heh!  Not me!
> ... but I was likewise contemplating the suggestion that list users be
> limited
> to posting only [number] messages per [arbitrary time frame].  It might at
> least reduce the "me-too" and "heh-heh" posts that seem to be the most
> recent
> source of complaint.
>
> > Just look at how much bandwidth these "Moderation" threads have
> > spawned. ;-)
>
> And worse is that most have become redundant, self referential adendums
> that
> just re-state the obvious!
> :-)
>
> peace
> aaron
>
> > -Jim P.

The problem I see with the limiting of posts to only [number] messages per
[arbitrary time frame] is that people who read through the emails will be
limited to respond only [number] of times without having to wait another
hour before helping more members out.

Sean C.

--
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mohandas Gandhi