[ale] Automatic moderation for ALE?

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 27 22:17:55 EDT 2006

On Sep 27, 2006, at 4:51 PM, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Just enable inbound throttling per user on the ale.org MX.  2 posts
> per
> hour should be a good start.

I would disagree.  I'm replying in kind throughout the messages here,
and am 100% on-topic, and will most likely have anywhere between 6 &
8 posts by the time I'm done.

Many of us let the list ramble on, and then slam a pile of answers/
conversation/etc.  all at once as we have time around our schedule at
$work.  numerical limitation based on time wouldn't work either, IMO.

On the text of "Moderation", there's a few way to do that, and as I
have stated before, moderation doesn't have to include a queue, and
it doesn't have to include the powerfully strong ideas of what
moderation is that is being proffered in this conversation.  It can
be something as simple as "this is getting off topic, let's continue
this over in "chat".

The problem now is that there's no "there" there, and nowhere to take
off-topic conversation.

--jms