[ale] New Mailing List initiatives for ALE

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 22:10:27 EDT 2006

If a moderated version is in favor, I prefer ale-pro or ale-tech  instead of
ale-sysadmin at ale.org, since the latter has narrowed down the scope too much.
As ALE's name suggests, we are here to form a community and enthusiastically
promote/foster a Linux-friendly work/home/social/political environment. So,
I'd think ale-sysadmin is a bit too narrow. people can join SAGE for that
purpose.

With gmail, I have all ALE postings neatly archived directly with 'ale'
label and threaded. Therein, I choose when and what to read. so far the
subjects are informative enough to help me decide what to read and what not
to. I only delve into those way-OT threads when I really really have time to
kill. When I used PINE back in '98/99, I simply hit 'd' to delete postings
failing to interest me.