[ale] (Somewhat OT) Blown circuit breakers?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Tue Sep 26 14:24:29 EDT 2006

> I've never heard of a "blown" circuit breaker before, so is that what
> I should replace first (It's a 15A single-pole breaker)? Or should I

It happens all the time.. (Bad Ckt Breaker)

But use a voltmeter and make sure it's dead.. and then check the neutral
line with a load (like an incandescnet lamp in the on position) using a
known good ground (a working outlets ground/neutral).

Why? Cause it could be the neutral as well as the 'hot' that burnt open.