[ale] RHEL on PowerEdge servers from dell outlet

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 11:55:01 EDT 2006

Well, you're trading some money for getting to play in a crapshoot.
And, as far as "getting what you want," I've gotten impacted by
situations where some onboard RAID controller was "present" but it was
disabled and unusable because the previous owner decided not to pay for
it.  Personally, aside from their perfectly adequate rack-mounting
hardware, I see no benefit whatsoever to going the Dell route - full of
stuff you can't replace and problematic to use (RAID controllers in
particular).