[ale] RHEL on PowerEdge servers from dell outlet

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 11:19:57 EDT 2006

I am tasked to purchase a few Dell PowerEdge servers, cheap. Dell outlet
seems to be a natual choice. I wonder if any ALEr wants to share his/her
experience with 'scratch/dent' versus 'certified refurbished'.   A good
bargain comes & goes so fast on their site. Any known trick to pull to
ensure I get what I want w/o refreshing the page every so often (manually or
using curl)?
I heard some horror stories about other outlets simply stamp their returned
servers as 'certified' w/o going through really fixing up. Thus comes
another question, how do people test/stress/prep the server for RHEL
AS 4.4installation?