[ale] Temp Cache

Allan Neal allanneal at comcast.net
Tue Sep 26 07:47:07 EDT 2006

In firefox you can also set the settings to clear cache on exit.  It is in the
Preferences->Privacy settings at the bottom right, the button labeled
"Settings...".

Allan

On Mon, Sep 25, 2006 at 07:49:47PM -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> Oops. I forgot to address the second question.
>
> If you want Firefox to not cache anything at all, you can do it a
> couple of ways. The easiest would be to go to Firefox's preferences
> pane and set the cache size to zero under "Privacy > Cache". Or you
> could type "about:config" in the URL bar and press enter; from there
> set "browser.cache.disk.enable" to false (type "cache" in the search
> field to find it quicker). And for no cache AT ALL set
> "browser.cache.memory.enable" to false. Personally, I set the disk
> cache to false and leave the memory cache enabled. That way I don't
> have to wait on my hard drive when surfing. Stuff like cookies are
> still stored to disk, though.
>
> Also, Fedora is the distribution. It doesn't do any caching. Firefox
> (et al.) is the web browser. It does the caching.
>
> On 9/25/06, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> > ~/.mozilla/firefox/<whatever your profile is>/Cache
> >
> > Your profile will be an alphanumeric sequence; usually suffixed with ".default".
> >
> > Of course, this is assuming you are using Firefox (as your earlier
> > email suggests). Other browsers will store their cache in different
> > hidden directories. E.G. `~/.opera/cache` for Opera.
> >
> > On 9/25/06, Terry Bailey <terry at bitlinx.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > In Windows, the temporary Internet files are stored in:
> > >
> > >         Documents and Settings/John Doe/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files
> > >
> > > Does anyone know where these files are stored in Fedora Core 5?
> > >
> > > Is it possible to keep Fedora from doing temporary caching by removing this
> > > directory?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Terry Bailey

> > --
> > James Sumners
> > http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
> >
> > "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> > pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> > is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> > drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
> >
> > Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> > CH:D 59
> >

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

 / ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \
|  /~~\                                 /~~\  |
|\ \   |   I would rather be exposed   |   / /|
| \   /|     to the inconveniences     |\   / |
|  ~~  |  attending too much liberty   |  ~~  |
|      |  than to those attending too  |      |
|      |     small a degree of it.     |      |
|      |      - Thomas Jefferson       |      |