[ale] recommended personal DSL provider for Alpharetta ?

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Sun Sep 24 18:37:30 EDT 2006

On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 11:51:51AM -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> I don't currently have cable.

> What advantages, if any, would cable offer over DSL; OR vice-versa   ?
I have Comcast cable modem access and it's unreliable and slow.  I've
never seen anywhere near their "Up to" claimed bandwidth because their
upstream bandwidth is pathetic.

If I do a sustained download, say a 100 MB file, access will drop every
minute or two for some number of seconds.

For years they did not bother even to answer their support number.

As soon as I have a free few hours I'm dumping them for DSL!!!

Bob