[ale] bigger disks under RAID1 with RHL 9 or RHEL4 on DellPowerEdge?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Sep 21 10:39:55 EDT 2006

And once again, another spike into the box of why software RAID is my
preferred RAID environment.

Flexibility is worth more than the 1-2% performance hit. A custom built
NAS box with dual PCI-X buss's sporting a pair of high-speed SATA-II
cards can haul some serious data butt.

Swap out the SATA-II for ultra SCSI 320 and appropriate drives and the
data speed doesn't get much better.