[ale] GA Tech Install Fest

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Wed Sep 20 15:51:00 EDT 2006

> Message: 2
> Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 14:02:34 -0400
> From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner at water.com>
> Subject: Re: [ale] GA Tech Install Fest
> I'm old enough to remember things like gopher, archie, veronica et al.
> I still say this internet thing will never catch on...

I proposed a gopher client for cable settop boxes back in the early 90's
when I was on the research faculty of Ga Tech.  A senior telecom VP
(they were looking at doing cable TV conventionally back then) said
"This Internet stuff is just some geeky academic thing that only you
guys will want to do, no one in the real world is going to mess with it."

Daniel

--
Daniel Howard
President and CEO