[ale] GA Tech Install Fest

Sean Kilpatrick madscot at oppositelock.org
Wed Sep 20 15:25:25 EDT 2006

On Wednesday 20 September 2006 14:02, Jeff Lightner wrote:
| I'm old enough to remember things like gopher, archie, veronica et al.
| I still say this internet thing will never catch on...

I also remember.  But I was a little insulted that my first "real"
programing language (Algol/Algol 60) wasn't even mentioned in the
current Slashdot poll.

My first computer programming assignment sounded so simple:
write a program that will accept values for the variables and solve a
quadratic equation -- in machine language using octal. And I had been
away from algebra long enough I couldn't even remember the generic
solution!

Sean