[ale] redirect website

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Sep 15 19:31:55 EDT 2006

My brain has turned to swiss cheese today.

I have a domain foo.com hosted on machine with IP address 1.2.3.4
It has a website www.foo.com as an alias of foo.com
I want to create a subdomain webmail.foo.com and have it get redirected
to www.foo.com/webmail or foo.com/webmail

I set up an alias so the server would pick it up. Then a Redirect which
didn't pick it up. Then a RedirectMatch which also didn't pick it up.

I can create a new virtualhost of webmail.foo.com but it seems like the
wrong way to do this.

How should the server alias and redirect and alias be done to capture
the chunk in front of the foo.com and remove it and stick it on the end
of the domain?

Need sleep/beer/SciFi (not in that order)
--
James P. Kinney III
CEO & Director of Engineering

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>