[ale] New Clariion on Oracle RAC using OCFS

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Sep 13 08:34:17 EDT 2006

Due to numerous issues we're preparing to do a full mech replacement of
our Clariion CX700.   We have one RHEL 3 environment of 2 nodes running
Oracle RAC on OCFS filesystems.   We can copy the data from array to
array with SAN Copy (unless someone knows of a better method) but we're
wondering how to get RAC and OCFS to recognize the new array's LUNs and
use those instead of the original.   Has anyone done anything similar
that can offer any input on what we need to look at?

Jeffrey C. Lightner
Unix Systems Administrator
DS Waters of America, LP
678-486-3516