[ale] "easiest" way to clone setup from one machine to another across a network

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Sep 10 12:57:04 EDT 2006

1. Install both drives in one computer
2. Install everything and setup both drives
   as a RAID1 during install.
3. After all is installed and the raid is
   sync'ed turn off computer
4. Boot up on a CD and then change the
   reference to md0 back to hda1 or whatever.
   Change partition type from raid autodectect to
   ext2.
5. Remove the second drive and boot.
6. Install 2nd drive in second machine and boot it.