[ale] Network issue at hotel

cfowler at outpostsentinel.com cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Sep 8 10:22:07 EDT 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 01:52:03PM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> Every time I've seen that behavior it was a MTU issue solved by using
> something south of 1198.

Not this time...

I've solve the problem but just for use here.   The problem is on
the 2.6.17 kernel in FC5.  I had this idea to downgrade back to the
2.6.15 that came with the original FC5 distribution.  I downloaded
it in Windows on Vmware.  Used pscp to transfer the rpm to FC5 host.  Used
rpm to install and rebooted.  I'm now sending this email from mutt and
do not have vmware with windoze running.  There must be something
in that kernel that has changed but I do not have time to research now.

Chris