[ale] Network issue at hotel

cfowler at outpostsentinel.com cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Sep 4 17:49:20 EDT 2006

I'm at a resort in Orlando all week.  They offe free wireless access but I'm having
a bit of a problem.  I can't seem to use it in Linux.
When I fired up NS to log on it seems if I got partial
pages and partial images but then it would just stop.
Any heavy traffic with Evolution and the connetion seemed down.
Works fine in Windows.  In fact I'm sending you this email
from WinXP running under VMware on this same laptop.  I
can not do Ctrl-G and do anything under Linux internet related
but I can all day under Winders.  Any clue as to why this
may be happening?  Maybe a stoopid router that can't handle
TCP/IP packets from Linux?

Chris