[ale] another CUPS issue

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 4 12:26:42 EDT 2006

Well, I was hasty in thinking things were entirely fixed. Now I can connect to
CUPS and get through all but the last step of printer setup. When I select
the Gutenprint driver for my printer and go Next, I get a mesage saying:

"Unable to create the Foomatic driver... Either that driver doesn't exist or
you don't have the required permissions to perform that operation."

The driver is definitely installed, along with Foomatic. And I'm running print
config in administrator mode. So, there is no higher privilege available. I'm
boxed in again.