[ale] Internet access under Linux

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Sun Sep 3 07:09:34 EDT 2006

It very likely was Thomas rather than Raj or Patel.  Since there are
Christians in India I did meet some who had "Christian" names while I
was there for 5 weeks back in 1998.  Also remember that India was part
of the British Empire for quite a while so some names were taken from
English.  My driver was a Christian and his name was Malcolm.

India has nearly a billion people and while predominantly Hindu does
have a sizable Muslim population as well as Sikhs, Christians, Budhists
and other religions.  Given the gamut of peoples and religious sects in
this country you should not assume a lack of similar diversity in
others.