[ale] HP Laser Jet Repair(OT)

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Fri Oct 27 09:17:00 EDT 2006

David Corbin wrote:
> Can anyone here recommend a local (North Atlanta) place to "repair" the
> mechanical aspects of an HP Laserjet?  The printer is frequently pulling
> multiple sheets from the bin, which causes it to jam.
>
> Thanks
> David

Sounds like a 6L or similar.  I found an outfit that furnished the parts
and a video on how to fix it for about $40. It took about 30 minutes and
the most difficult part was understanding how to get the case off.  They
send you new rollers and some other parts.  Be sure to watch the video
enough times to understand the process before you grab the screwdriver.

Otherwise, expect to buy the printer all over again if you take it to a
local shop.

Check out http://fixyourownprinter.com.

Jim.