[ale] if 'dpkg' is removed, will this entirely disable all up-dating/grading & apt-get functions ?

bcr2925 at fsu.edu bcr2925 at fsu.edu
Sun Oct 22 22:03:44 EDT 2006

I can't remember the cause, or the situation, but apt-get upgrade wouldnt
work for me, until I agreed to remove dpkg.  then, of course, I couldnt
ever install it again, so I could never install anything again.  I don't
remember how I got myself into the situation, but i know I eventually
solved it with a reinstall.