[ale] Fwd:HOW2 resolve aptitude conflict ?

Raylynn Knight audilover at speedfactory.net
Sun Oct 22 14:23:03 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-22 at 11:03 -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> James,
>
> All went OK 'til
> 	apt-get install initrd-tools kernel-image-2.4.27-2-k7
> whose output I include in the attachment.

I'm not sure how you got into the state with so many missing
dependencies for the 2.4.27 kernel.  But we might be able to help if you
post the output to "apt-get upgrade".  This is most likely listing some
held packages which are causing your difficulties.  I suspect that you
may have fileutils installed and it needs to be replaced with coreutils.

Ray