[ale] Fw: HOW2 resolve aptitude conflict ? <---- ATTN:JamesSumners

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Oct 21 15:36:42 EDT 2006

The update and upgrade was to make sure you have the latest security
updates. At this point I would suggest asking about your problem in
#debian on irc.freenode.net. Installing the kernel package should
install the necessary initrd-tools package unless you have a block on
the initrd-tools package. But I've also never installed one of
Debian's packaged kernels (other than the one during initial setup). I
tend to compile my own kernels on my Debian boxes.

You could try `apt-get install initrd-tools kernel-image-2.4.27-2-k7`,
though. You can't just remove the initrd-tools package. The kernel
package needs it.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/