[ale] HOW2 compile bzImage on unbootable drive ?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 22:00:31 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 20:51 -0500, Courtney Thomas wrote:
> Thanks so much Jim.
>
> I guess I could if I could remember the elusive bit about what is
> necessary to intervene at bootup   :-)

Well, it depends on the boot loader used.  Debian Sarge defaults to
GRUB, so you should just be able to interrupt the Grub sequence by
pressing ESC and selecting the old kernel image.   *If* your bootloader
is lilo, try pressing the shift key as soon as you see "LI.." appear on
your screen.

> Senility's hummin' along jes fine....

as I know too all to well. ;-)

-Jim P.