[ale] Evolution for Charter?

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Thu Oct 12 11:49:53 EDT 2006

I use Evolution w/Charter mail.

I set up recv as Server Type = POP the server is mail.charter.net
I auto check every 10 min. & do not lv msgs on server so I dwnld all
msgs.

Sending Server Type = SMTP and again server = mail.charter.net.. Server
requires authentication & use no encryption, I have not tried anything
else. Also Authentication is set to PLAIN. If memory serves me correctly
if you use the wizard to set it up it will ask if you want to
automatically set this up and it'll query the server for this. I also
set the Remember password option. The first time you access the server
it asks for your password then of course no more after that.

HTH

Scott Castaline