[ale] Bellsouth again.

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 23:19:19 EDT 2006

I wouldn't trust a word of it. Looking at
http://bellsouth.com/consumer/inetsrvcs/index.html , I see that the
3Mbs service is indeed $38/mo. However,
http://bellsouth.com/consumer/inetsrvcs/inetsrvcs_fa_static_ip.html?src=lftnav
explicitly states that a static IP will cost an additional $14.95/mo
on top of the DSL service fee unless you are subscribed to the 6Mbs
service.

I _HIGHLY_ doubt that Bellsouth would give you naked DSL with a static
IP for $38/mo. Bellsouth is all about the service bundles. They love
making the consumer think they are saving money by forcing them to
sign up for bundles. I don't see Bellsouth suddenly offering a service
that cuts them out of a lot of money yet their copper is still being
used.

I agree with you on Speedfactory, but they are forced to charge prices
that are way too expensive to cover their costs for leasing the
service from Bellsouth. On top of that, Bellsouth refuses to let them
sell naked DSL. So, I decided to drop DSL for cable and go with
Vonage's basic plan to get away from Bellsouth. I am saving about $50
like you said. But I really don't see that happening staying with
Bellsouth.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/