[ale] Building the perfect Linux end-user systems.

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 8 20:02:44 EDT 2006

I think that you and I have been on parallel courses, and we just
arrived at different solutions together! =;^)

The end goal is that whatever you choose works, and that appears to have
happened for both of us, using different tools. Maybe this is really the
coming strength of Linux on the desktop starting to show up in the real
world computing arena.

It's great that multiple users can find a workable solution for their
computing problems, using multiple distributions, and all of us are
happy with our results.

I think that's a huge change from there only being one OS that works on
the majority of the computer hardware out there, and the provider has
less than stellar customer support and marketing attitudes.

Dan