[ale] Internet check up

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Oct 8 19:12:19 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 17:07 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-10-08 at 14:27 -0400, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > starting about 11 am today, I have had extreme difficulty with access to
> > places like sourceforge and some west coast locations. Anyone know if a
> > major trunk has been backhoed ?
>
> I've check around and haven't seen any hints of problems elsewhere.
> Have you checked w/ speakeasy to see if they had any internal
> routing/connectivity problems?

I think Bill Gates found out about the Atlanta Public Schools partial
conversion to Linux Terminal Servers and they munged about with the
domains that have the LTSP in the names.

I'm not kidding. It seems to be limited to only domains like:
ltsp.org
k12ltsp.org
ltsp.sourceforge.net
There are other sites that are heavy with docs on the devel edge and
they are down as well. The servers are geographically separated so a
single line cut is improbable.

Too much coding and not enough sleep...

but I keep having that nagging feeling he's standing behind me...