[ale] large file downloads & Comcast

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Sat Oct 7 11:26:40 EDT 2006

Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-10-06 at 22:07 -0400, Bob Toxen wrote:
>> Since you don't live near me, you're probably running over different
>> equipment than mine.  Note that my problem stopped for a year or two
>> and then resumed.  MY hardware didn't change.
>
> I do live near you, at least I thought I did.  You still right down the
> road in Decatur, right?  I'm over in Va-Highlands.
>
> Lots of things happen without hardware changing.  Things get old and
> less reliable, not-100%-destructive power spikes happen, corrosion
> builds on coax connectors, etc., etc.   I'm not doubting that you had a
> problem.  I do doubt that everybody near you, including yourself, had a
> problem that still exists and that comcast can't resolve.

My girlfriend telecommutes to work, and I get tons of downloading done
on top of that, here in Decatur.  At the very least, we aren't having
trouble with ComCast's network -- though I repeatedly have trouble with
GA Tech and Atlanta's Internap.

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch <fd0man at gmail.com> - Jabber: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand freedom: Use open and free protocols, standards, and software.