[ale] Best way to disable command-line access?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 5 16:23:22 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 16:12 -0400, Jerry Yu wrote:
> on top of the authorized_keys set-up, of course, one needs to make
> sure Public Key is the only auth possible for this account.
> if sftp-only is acceptable, "usermod
> -s /usr/libexec/openssh/sftp-server singledOutUser"

Not at all.  Simply doing what I wrote effectively limits the user
account to whatever is specified by "command=".  The OP was quite clear
in their requirements for restricting use of ssh credentials.

Of course if they are allowing their users to use ftp and telnet then
they have other concerns than simply limiting what program they can
execute. ;-)

-Jim P.