[ale] large file downloads & Comcast- Now OT- Tivo & House

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Oct 4 15:21:36 EDT 2006

On Wed October 4 2006 2:35 pm, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> I download large files all the time with my service. ?The biggest
> problem that I have had lately is with my digital TV service, and
> that isn't so much of a problem for me, really. ?Honestly, I prefer
> to have the Internet over my television service, unless House is
> on... *grin*
ok, DING DING DING!!!!
House alert!!! I have DishTV & DVR and I record House every week (
along with the Dog Whisperer, CSI, Monk, Backyard Habitat, Closer and
Bones). I've THOUGHT about using my desktop for a DVT MythTV setup,
but that wont happen until I give my wife her own ( Kubuntu) laptop.
THAT won't happen until she gets a JOB :)
I missed the last MythTV build-in, I wish you would have one on the NE
side of Atlanta, even Athens !!
I'd even spend another $200 for a Frye's cheap desktop unit, and the
cards to make a MythTV setup..Maybe you need a poll, or a regular
schedule, or different locations a few times a year for a MythTV
build-in?? or make it a Linux/MythTV build-in? I put Kubuntu on my
daughters ancient ( ex-Windows98) desktop, but I think she went back
to Windows because of her husband... I could probably get her to a
build-in, just for the info...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800