[ale] large file downloads & Comcast

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 4 14:25:42 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-10-04 at 14:05 -0400, Bob Toxen wrote:
> That's Comcast!  I have the same problem.  It is not your equipment.
> It's why I'm switching.

:-)  I have comcast and I don't have any problem with DVD images or
other very large files.   I don't doubt that the problem exists for
others, but blaming comcast as a whole is a bit dubious, IMHO.

Do you and others see the exact same problem (such as file xyx from site
abc always fails), similar problems (every file over size 123 fails), or
just random files.  Can someone give me a URL of a file that they can't
d/l over comcast so that all comcast users can verify it is a comcast
problem and not an isolated issue.

-Jim P.