[ale] cable modem from SB4100 to SB5120 :: worthy upgrade ?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 16:30:02 EDT 2006

The Motorola VT2442 ATA that Vonage shipped me is supposed to be
capable of doing QoS. I don't use it for that, though. I implemented
QoS on my Linux gateway.

What I'm saying is, if you are using Vonage, you might want to look at
a different ATA instead of a different modem (if you use one). The ATA
they shipped me can manage the whole internet connection and assign IP
address, et al.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/