[ale] New Mailing List ... the thread that wouldn't die

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Oct 3 14:29:23 EDT 2006

Jerald Sheets wrote:
> Tell ya what.  Keep your list.  I don't have time for it, and I don't
> have time to fight a bunch of folks who aren't interested in trying
> to make the list even *more* open and *more* welcoming to EVERYONE
> regardless of whether they are a hobbyist or an admin, a veteran or a
> newbie.

Jerald, have you considered starting a new list?  What do you think?
I'm still overly frustrated with the issue myself.

Or, should we take a poll of the existing membership and see where that
goes?  I really can't tell which way the general membership leans on
this one.  I would sleep fine if we took a poll and found 501 of 1000
folks wanted a moderated list and we simple made it happen.  What do you
think?

> ALL announcements regarding ALE-NW (if there even IS another one)
> will now be posted to the ale.org website.

Do you plan to continue the meetings?

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin