[ale] "New" laptop with Ubuntu

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Tue Oct 3 10:09:40 EDT 2006

I want to offer a quick "Thank you" to the responders of my
question. Excellent stuff, and I really appreciate your
recommendations.

FWIW, except for the nominal lack of a simple, firewall
setter upper/wizard, I'm finding Ubuntu to be a really nice
desktop distribution. Lean, clean, and ready to get to work.