[ale] OT: Flash + SSH

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat Nov 25 22:16:58 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 21:33 -0500, Bj?rn Gustafsson wrote:
> Looks like the answer is yes, at least in principle:
>
> http://flashforever.blogspot.com/2005/11/flash-telnet-client-with-flash-player.html

That looks good.  Is Flash 9 available for Linux yet?

> Don't know about existing ssh clients in flash, but there are Java
> applets that can ssh:
>
> http://www.oit.duke.edu/sa/security/ssh.html

I've got one like that in use.  I have problems with java so I've been
thinking about redeploying a client application in Flash.

Another problem I have is with firewalls.  We have a J2EE application
that runs on Linux.  We have a Java applet that communicates with a
proxy agent on port 4000 of the server.  It is basically a terminal
emulator in VT100 that communicates via the proxy to deployed devices.
I would like the ability for it to use the same port as the Apache web
server.  I've seen similar capabilities on IP KVM devices where the java
applet that is the client communicates on port 80 or 443 just like the
web browser.  It is in real time just like VNC.  Is there a module for
this in Apache?  I would still need to implement the proxy code
somewhere but the benefit of communicating on the same port as the web
server would get me around these firewall issues.