[ale] Ubuntu 6.10 install

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Wed Nov 22 15:25:30 EST 2006

Yeah these are all old machines.  The compaq laptop is the weakest.
The problem is that these machines run other distros fine.  I had
4.10 on the laptop and have installed w2k on it a few times to assist
special needs.  The desktop I want to put it on currently has
Mandrake 2005 LE on it.

Ubuntu won me over with the Warty release because it ran on
everything I could boot it on.

On this release I am having trouble with the "live" portion of the
install.  The machines that I cannot install on won't run the live
image.

I am currently writing another CD at 4x as Alex suggested.

I'll let you know if this helps.

Mark