[ale] Ubuntu 6.10 install

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 10:18:58 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 07:23 -0500, Dan Lambert wrote:

> I've only had one that did like that, Mark. It was an older machine that
> had a different distribution on it, and I had to remove the partitions
> before it would load the 6.10.
>
> It was a flaky machine before, but now it runs the 6.10 with no problem.
>
> Good luck in getting those going!

I am currently using Edgy without a problem... however, when it was
early in the release cycle, I know that they found some kernel bugs that
were hampering the system's ability to, well, run.

That having been said, I have not had any issues on "modern" hardware
(SATA and new-ish laptops/desktops).  I haven't tried Edgy on my oldest
PC, though, which is currently running FreeBSD.

    -- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
                    fd0man at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
   Jabber IM: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!