[ale] Ubuntu 6.10 install

Mark Wright mpwright at speedfactory.net
Tue Nov 21 21:14:33 EST 2006

Hi folks,

I have been having a tough time using the 6.10 install disk.  I have
made one successful install although the video setup fought me tooth
and nail.

I have tried to install edgy on a Compaq laptop, Dell server and
Compaq desktop.  All have had many other versions of Linux and the
laptop had Breezy Badger previously installed but none of these
machines will install Edgy.  I get the start screen to choose setup/
install.  After install is selected the kernel starts to load and the
Ubuntu progress bar runs for a few minutes then the computer hangs.

I have tried every boot option on the menu that comes up first but
nothing I do can get this going.  I am actually thinking of
reinstalling an older Ubuntu version then trying to upgrade to edgy.

Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?

Mark