[ale] how about XMMS2? [was: playlists not available in RealPlayer?]

Matt Kubilus mattkubilus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 09:54:19 EST 2006

I really like the interface to Amarok.  I think it looks great, I like
the way it works, I like the extras and features, and it has non-Linux
users go 'wow' when they see it.  Unfortunately, as is the case with
almost every other KDE based app I use, it is simply too flakey for
serious use.  Randomly in the middle of a song, in the middle of the
day, in the middle of me trying to work, Amarok will loudly garble all
the sound.  Features before stability huh?  I guess I'm back to XMMS.

-M

On 11/14/06, Brian D. Pitts <bpitts at learnlink.emory.edu> wrote:

>  Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org> writes:
>

>  what other small footprint players are folks using?  i want fairly good
>  integration and something that runs pretty light.
>
>  I prefered Beep Media Player (BMP), a fork of XMMS that uses GTK2. However,
> development of it has been discontinued in favor of BMPx, an almost complete
> rewrite. Developers who didn't like change of focus forked BMP to create
> Audacious Media Player.
>
>  XMMS -> BMP -> Audacious
>
>  http://audacious.nenolod.net/
>
>  -Brian

Don't be a pioneeer.  A pioneer is the guy with the arrow through his
chest.  -- John J. Rakos