[ale] FYI - Since the talk regards open source thought people on the list might be interested

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Mon Nov 6 16:11:14 EST 2006

Subject:	 November Meeting of The Atlanta UNIX Users Group (AUUG)

Topic:    Legal considerations for Open-Source and Blogs

Speakers: Sandra Gardiner
          Paul Arne
          Morris, Manning & Martin L.L.P.
          Atlanta, GA

Location: Hewlett-Packard Building
          20 Perimeter Summit (directly across I-285 from Perimeter
Mall)
          Atlanta, GA  30319

Date:     Monday, November 6, 2006
Time:     7:30pm

  Our speakers will hold a conversation exploring two hot areas in
  the intersection of law and technology: GNU General Public
  License, Version 3 (GPL3), related open source issues, and legal
  considerations for bloggers.

  Paul & Sandra are both partners in the Technology Group at
  Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP
Prior to the meeting, there will be an informal, non-structured
"guru" session open to anyone wishing to attend.  This will start
around 6:45pm in the meeting room, and we will have one or more
gurus available to discuss whatever topics/problems/questions the
attendees care to bring up.
E-mail facilities have been graciously provided by Dragon Networks,
Inc.  Please visit their web site at http://www.dragon.com to learn
of their many services.
It is with great pride that we recognize our Corporate Sponsors.
Being aware of the contributions made by the AUUG membership to the
UNIX community, these firms, both large and small, have made a
commitment to provide financial assistance for defraying the
operating expenses of AUUG.  We are both pleased and grateful for
their sponsorship, and hope that they will continue to support AUUG
in the days to come.
      Subsequent Meeting:  Monday, December 4, 2006;  7:30 pm
                Topic: Open Source: Current goodies
                      Speaker: Brent Laminack
For those who need some sustenance before the meeting, you will
find kindred AUUG spirits at "Fuddruckers" restaurant (240
Perimeter Center Pkwy) on Hammond Drive across from Perimeter Mall
and not far from the Hewlett-Packard building.  Drop in any time
after 5:30pm to sit around and chew the fat and indulge in some of
the Fuddruckers cuisine.  This is a chance for folks to get
together and exchange rumors, ideas, assistance, etc.

There is no charge to attend the meeting, nor any fee for
membership.  Just show up!

                        --- PLEASE POST ---
       For directions to meeting or other information, see:
                        http://www.auug.org

 Corporate Sponsors:
    Hewlett-Packard Co.
                www.hp.com