[ale] Laptops and Linux

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Fri Nov 3 10:35:27 EST 2006

  I'm looking to get another laptop.  Right now I'm on a Lenovo (IBM) 3000
N100.  Core 2 Duo, 512Meg Ram, 1.66Ghz and it's killing me.  Open Firefox,
Amarok and an OpenOffice Spreadsheet and I can grind it to a halt for 10
minutes.

  I don't want to spend 2k, but any off the top of your head
suggestions?  Any opinions of an AMD Turion vs P4?  Duo or no, etc?
Yes, it will need to run Linux, Debian or Ubuntu.

Robert

:wq!
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:
       ALONE.  I speak for              First One Should Be A Man
       no-one else.                       - Manowar