[ale] Time change (was: Re: Thunderbird vs Evolution)

Luther lutherfire at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 00:10:35 EST 2006

--- Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I just noticed that my Evolution calendar items (scheduled
> meetings,
> conf calls) are 1 hour off now that day-light savings is over.
> Standard
> Ubuntu Dapper install with Evolution v2.6.1.   Crazy.

A few days ago, I was using the emacs calendar mode to check sunrise
and sunset times. It appeared to be using DST until exactly one week
after the real time change. I thought this was a very strange bug.

Less than an hour later, I was reading the news and found out that
congress had actually extended DST, starting next year. (So it will
go from the 2nd Sunday in March to the 1st Sunday in November.) Emacs
does not keep track of historical time-change rules, so the version
I'm using (21.4.1) must have been updated to use the new rules.

Perhaps you're having a related problem with Evolution?

Luther Thompson